Darton Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darton Gaming Club Forum

A forum for the members of the Darton Gaming Club to interact and socialize online.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Potential D&D Game in the Making

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xlapus
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
xlapus

Potential D&D Game in the Making Empty
PostSubject: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 1:48 pm

PAY ATTENTION TO THIS: http://paizo.com/dungeonissues/SavageTide/SavageTide_HR.pdf Go there and save that PDF to your laptop/flashdrive/whatever. That's the player's guide to the city you start out in. I don't like doing this, but I'm forcing a bit of backstory on you all: this city is your hometown/where you've been living for several years. This PDF is a complete guide to the city, and your characters would know all of this stuff. It lists all the important NPCs, places, and even things like where you can buy exotic animals.

Ok, I'm considering running a D&D game for a few people who are interested. I'd want someone, probably john because he's shown previous interest, to Co-DM with me to split the work up. If you're interested in playing, let me know.

The rules would be for creating a character-

Level 1
300g
You may use the Player's Handbook, Player's Handbook II, The Tome of Battle, and any single other book you want.
No one may take more than 4 levels of Fighter or Barbarian ever. Paladin is Completely banned. You can play a Crusader if you want to be a divine fighter.
Use a 35 point point buy. Look at the DMG Pg. 169 for details.

Everyone has to give a short background of their character, explaining where they come from and why they're traveling. No need to write an essay, just a short summary. Anyone who writes a good background and also includes a list of 5 likes and 5 dislikes of their character, will also get a minor thematically appropriate magical item to begin with.

I encourage you to make the best characters you can, because I won't be fudging rolls to make sure you don't die.

I'm going to say now that Bards need not apply, unless I see a completed character sheet and deem it as not a waste of party resources to keep around.

I would like at least 4 people, and I'm fine with having more as long as it doesn't start to drag.

Feel free to ask questions here.

Quick note: Should anyone decide to play a Factotum from Cityscape, let me know before you get into any serious character building. WotC has a feat on their website you'll want to get.

Last edited by xlapus on Thu Nov 13, 2008 10:16 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
KampfVerein
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
KampfVerein

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Neal, Day, Trey and I have an epic game going on right now. We meet every Tuesday night for encounters and such. You should think about joining us. We had another two adventurers, but they left for Atlanta!
Back to top Go down
TrueIce
Trash Talker
Trash Talker
TrueIce

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:06 pm

I will be glad to be in. Just say when
Back to top Go down
xlapus
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
xlapus

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeSat Nov 08, 2008 4:19 pm

KampfVerein wrote:
Neal, Day, Trey and I have an epic game going on right now. We meet every Tuesday night for encounters and such. You should think about joining us. We had another two adventurers, but they left for Atlanta!

Aren't you playing 4ed?

I'm sorry, but I guess you haven't hear my opinion on that horrible WoW-wannabe?

As far as I'm concerned WotC took WoW, removed most of the character-building fun, put it on paper, shat on said paper, and then sold it as an 'upgrade' to 3ed. and I mean that in the most inoffensive way to you players of 4ed as possible.

Now, Trey; let me talk to some other people monday, and see what I can do about other players, and I'll talk to you more. Go ahead and start thinking of possible characters you'd want to play, keeping in mind my limitations on books.
Back to top Go down
xlapus
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
xlapus

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 6:13 pm

Ok, current characters/players include:

Jevon: Druid

ATrey: Human Dread Necromancer. His book choice is Heroes of Horror. His special item is going to be a ring that lets him heal with negative energy instead of positive.

Micheal: Human Rogue. His book choice is Complete Scoundrel. His special item is a set of bracers that allows him to use several Skill Tricks.

Austin: Human Swordsage. His book choice is being saved for later. His item is still in discussion.

Antony: Dwarven Crusader. His book choice is being saved for later. His special item is a suit of armor which he will be paying for for a LONG time.

NTrey: ???

Last edited by xlapus on Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:35 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
xlapus
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
xlapus

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 10:50 pm

http://www.thetangledweb.net/forums/profiler.php?

Go here. Sign up. It's a requirement that your character sheet stays updated there. When you're signed up, go to the upper right corner and click on Profiler. Use the d20 3.5 DnD template. Make sure to click Edit to the right of everything once it's created and make the sheet Public.
Back to top Go down
xlapus
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
xlapus

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeMon Nov 10, 2008 11:08 pm

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/magic/spellPoints.htm

Any spellcasters, we're using the Spellpoints variant. Trust me, you'll like it much more than the normal way.

Stop reading at the Vitalizing Section, that's not included.
Back to top Go down
xlapus
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
xlapus

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeWed Nov 12, 2008 6:05 pm

And we are in business! I'm finally getting the campaign downloaded. Currently getting over 100KB/s on a torrent. Should be done before tomorrow, meaning we can start late this week or early next, depending on when I can finally get jevon to make his druid and see if nice trey is really going to play.
Back to top Go down
TrueIce
Trash Talker
Trash Talker
TrueIce

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 11:09 am

An update, the D&D game is going well. No one has died yet nd we are all level 4. With the first adventure complete we are ready for more. Drop by sometime and see if you like whats going on
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Potential D&D Game in the Making   Potential D&D Game in the Making Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Potential D&D Game in the Making
Page 1 of 1