Darton Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darton Gaming Club Forum

A forum for the members of the Darton Gaming Club to interact and socialize online.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?

Go down 
+13
NIXN
Kiko
GoGoGadget88
Dogysamich
Jx
Bumeo
xlapus
Dave the Runt
Onmitsu
IH
KampfVerein
TrueIce
Kumi
17 posters
AuthorMessage
Kumi
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Kumi

What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Empty
PostSubject: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:18 am

My smash tag and general gamer name is Kumi.

My brother had a duck, yes a duck-it looked like the aflac duck- and he named it kumi. Why he chose that name, I dont know, but I loved that duck and the name.

I was just trying to create an account on some obscure free mmorpg (cuz thats what I do) and apparently KUMI is a bad word.

I looked it up and here is what I found:

In swahili it means the number ten
In finnish it means condom or rubber
In aramaic it means little girl
In Japanese it is a name meaning braid or group
It is also a type of japanese martial art, as far as I can tell.
and apparently the japanese have their own lite version of Britney spears, and her name is Kumi.

I found this interesting.
Back to top Go down
TrueIce
Trash Talker
Trash Talker
TrueIce

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 10:23 am

My game tag is now Atrey

I didnt pick it, it was assigned

Apparently between the two treys Im the asshole and he is the nice one.

Therefore I got logic shanked into being Atrey
Back to top Go down
KampfVerein
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
KampfVerein

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:34 pm

KampfVerein is the phrase "Fight Club" translated into German. So far, only one website registration form has told me that "KampfVerein is not available." Unique, no?
Back to top Go down
IH
TV Guardian
TV Guardian
IH

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:53 pm

Back in the days of middleschool, I thought infernohero would be an awesome tag.

It is not.

IH, the abbreviation which everyone started using, is an ok one though. Only problem is that some sites and forums make you have three letters or more. The solution is to use a palindrome, aka HiIH.
Back to top Go down
Onmitsu
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Onmitsu

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 5:35 pm

Mine is just my gamertag on xbox live
Back to top Go down
Kumi
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Kumi

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 5:59 pm

Onmitsu wrote:
Mine is just my gamertag on xbox live

Yeah but what does it mean to you, or what does it mean in a language?
Back to top Go down
Onmitsu
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Onmitsu

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:05 pm

I actually saw it in a Rurouni Kenshin manga used as ninja and since ninja was taken, I just put this instead.
Back to top Go down
Kumi
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Kumi

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:06 pm

thats more like it
Back to top Go down
Dave the Runt
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Dave the Runt

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:33 pm

Dave because my dads friend said I look like this little dyke girl that his daughter used to hang out with. Also the Cheech and Chong "Dave's not here, man". The Runt is because of my.... Hmm. I don't really know what to call him, friend, buddy, cousin, unwanted brother?, has always made fun of my abnormal lack of bodily shape and or substance. So therefore, I've become Dave the Runt. >.<
Back to top Go down
xlapus
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
xlapus

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 8:18 pm

My smash tag is (No hiragana)God, and it was assigned to me kind of like ATrey. He's an ass and I'm an Atheist.

Now, Xlapus is a name I've used since I was...probably 13. I was starting my first Everquest character and couldn't think of a name. I kept hitting the random name generator until I found something I liked, and I've used it on every website I've registered for since. It's never come up as unavailable, ever, unless I had already signed up there and forgotten.
Back to top Go down
Bumeo
Button Masher
Button Masher
Bumeo

PostSubject: bumeo   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:45 am

Bumeo...homeless romeo...bum-eo...badda boom , badda bing.
Back to top Go down
Jx
Bagel Master
Bagel Master
Jx

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:15 pm

Jx= When I was in middle school, I wanted to make a email account using the letter x for reasons I can no longer remember >.>. Thus, using the power of hotmail's name generator Jx31 was born.

After a while I got tired of numbers in my nickname so I try to create it as Jx whenever I can.

Bagels=A dumbass nickname that Dogysamich created due to me enjoying blueberry bagels too much.

I kinda got tired of whining about the nickname so I got avatars and sigs made for it : /.
Back to top Go down
Dogysamich
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Dogysamich

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 23, 2008 9:05 pm

Oh man, i never told my story.

__

First off, my last name is Dogan. (Dough-ghan)

So, 8 years ago, I was walking down the street to my house with my friend Tommie. Now, I was in the 8th grade at the time, and tommie was in the 6th grade. (Somethin like that) He was 2 years older than me though. Big black kid. REAL HOOD RICH, just moved into my 'hood from Macon. I asked him years later after a dumb incident if he ever smoked weed, and he said he did every day since he'd been down in Kathleen. Seemed perfectly reasonable.

So anyway. W'e're walkin to my house, and he looks over at me and he's like "Ethan, ya know what man? When we get to yo house, you gon' make me a Dogysamich. And I look at him and I reply ".... nigga... wtf is a dogysamich?" And he's like "NIGGA IT'S THE SAMICH YOU 'GON MAKE ME o_o"

And ever since then, he started callin me dogysamich. I thought it was dumb as hell. But he just kept at it. Eventually he started callin my mom "Mama Dogy" and my dad "Daddy Dogy"

-facepalm- and I just kinda stuck with it cause i needed a gamertag.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Runt
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Dave the Runt

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 7:54 am

So far the gamer with the best name tag story is...... where the fuck is my drumroll? *drumroll* finally. Dogysamich!!!!! *loud applause*
Back to top Go down
Kumi
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Kumi

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 4:50 pm

..... I agree.

Dogy, you own.

That's pretty much all I have to say about that.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GoGoGadget88
Button Masher
Button Masher
GoGoGadget88

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 9:33 am

Why GoGoGadget88 you ask? Well it's really a great big compilation of nerdy awesome!

See, I think Inspector Gadget is the man, thus GoGoGadget.

On XBox Live this name was taken, so I tacked on 88

Why 88? Because it's the speed that the Delorean in Back to the Future must reach to travel through time!

Nowadays I usually just go with Gadget when I can, but it's usually taken.
Back to top Go down
Kiko
Button Masher
Button Masher
Kiko

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 5:09 pm

Kiko is short for Tsukiko and means moon child. It was my pen name/ nickname in middle school, and it just sorta stuck.
Back to top Go down
NIXN
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
NIXN

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2009 9:52 pm

Kiko wrote:
Kiko is short for Tsukiko and means moon child. It was my pen name/ nickname in middle school, and it just sorta stuck.

no offense but are you a hippy?
Back to top Go down
Kiko
Button Masher
Button Masher
Kiko

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:54 pm

NIXN wrote:
Kiko wrote:

Nope. I just like astrology. ^_^ And I'm not a very sunshine-y person. ^_^ Total night owl.
Back to top Go down
NIXN
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
NIXN

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:43 am

Kiko wrote:
NIXN wrote:
Kiko wrote:

Nope. I just like astrology. ^_^ And I'm not a very sunshine-y person. ^_^ Total night owl.

Night owl is the best way to live.
Back to top Go down
Manda
Button Masher
Button Masher
Manda

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:15 am

NIXN wrote:
Kiko wrote:
NIXN wrote:
Kiko wrote:

Night owl is the best way to live.

I second the above.
Back to top Go down
Dele
Button Masher
Button Masher
Dele

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 3:23 pm

zombie...
Back to top Go down
synsprayer
Admin
synsprayer

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:39 am

I usually use the name Synsprayer or Condemned. The reason for this is that I don't really have a religion and kind of just go by my own beliefs. I believe that there is a higher power and that there is a God, but I just don't believe in the bible or the word of man. For this I have been told that I am going to hell and that not going to church is a sin. If you notice I spell sin with a "y" and not a "i" . There is a honest reason for that and it's not just because it looks cool. It is because the things I do and believe in people have said our sins yet I don't believe that and there for say that their version of sin is a illusion of their own beliefs and therefor I can not say that they are sins. To put it simple: syn= illusion of ones own interpretation of sin.
Back to top Go down
Natsuko_Sam
n00b
n00b
Natsuko_Sam

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2009 12:14 pm

Well, my gamer tag is NatsukoSam. I've went through two versions of this name before I finally settled on this one. The 1st was Natsuko, and the 2nd was Natsuko88. Basically Natsuko means child of the summer. I picked it because my birthday is in the summer and it just sounded cool. Cool Sam is my nickname that everybody calls me so I added that at the end. Besides, it sounds really cool when you try to say it really fast with a Japanese accent like one of the anime characters. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?   What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What does your name/tag/whatever mean and what is the story behind it?
Page 1 of 1