Darton Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darton Gaming Club Forum

A forum for the members of the Darton Gaming Club to interact and socialize online.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tales of Vesperia (360)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Dogysamich
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Dogysamich

Tales of Vesperia (360) Empty
PostSubject: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 9:03 pm

That's what's hot in the streets.

Currently messin 'round in a newgame+ doing extra stuff before tryin to plow through the game with some hard settings.

*Holds up hand*

THE SIGN OF VICTORY! YAY!
Back to top Go down
KampfVerein
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
KampfVerein

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 3:26 pm

This thread is now about the superior Lost Odyssey. No arguments.

Or Fallout 3. I'm not picky.

I just don't care for the Tales series and similar RPGs with real-time, action-oriented battle systems. I'll take "old-school, turn-based, waiting for the Action Bar to fill" over that "running around like an idiot, bunny-hopping and waving your keysword around" gameplay any day.
Back to top Go down
minionforhire
Creeper Extrordinaire
Creeper Extrordinaire
minionforhire

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:01 pm

I like all types of RPG and what is wrong with swing a "keysword" that can crush an enemy's head in.
Back to top Go down
KampfVerein
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
KampfVerein

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 8:05 pm

minionforhire wrote:
I like all types of RPG and what is wrong with swing a "keysword" that can crush an enemy's head in.

It's a key. And a sword.

They go together as well as peanut butter and a tractor.
Back to top Go down
Jx
Bagel Master
Bagel Master
Jx

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:15 pm

KampfVerein wrote:

I just don't care for the Tales series and similar RPGs with real-time, action-oriented battle systems. I'll take "old-school, turn-based, waiting for the Action Bar to fill" over that "running around like an idiot, bunny-hopping and waving your keysword around" gameplay any day.

Wow, please don't compare Tales series or any other RPGs with more "action-oriented battle systems." with Kingdom Hearts please No
Back to top Go down
KampfVerein
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
KampfVerein

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:26 pm

Jx wrote:
KampfVerein wrote:

Wow, please don't compare Tales series or any other RPGs with more "action-oriented battle systems." with Kingdom Hearts please No

Apples and oranges, eh? I think not. All of them take the fun and sophistication of wild flailing with a spastic camera and join it with the classic RPG trope of effeminate men with absurd coiffures.
Back to top Go down
TrueIce
Trash Talker
Trash Talker
TrueIce

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:33 pm

So this is whats happening on the Tales of Vesperia thread huh?

Arguing over a keyblade and general RPG's
Back to top Go down
minionforhire
Creeper Extrordinaire
Creeper Extrordinaire
minionforhire

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 12:44 am

Arguing over keyblades and RPG's aside, I have never played Tales of Vesperia. I have played Tales of Symphonia. Is Vesperia anything like Symphonia, if it is I may play it.
Back to top Go down
Dogysamich
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Dogysamich

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 6:54 am

well any 3-D tales game is automatically better than ToS because you can actually move on the 3-D field, unlike ToS which keeps you in a 2-D plane.

Storywise, it might be hit-or-miss cause that usually winds up being opinion unless the story is god awful. I rarely play rpgs for stories, so I looked past the story if it was bad.

Yeah that's a dumb concept i know, but if i really wanted to play a game specifically for the story, i'd go read a fucking book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tales of Vesperia (360)   Tales of Vesperia (360) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tales of Vesperia (360)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darton Gaming Club Forum :: Games :: General Game Discussion-
Jump to: