Darton Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darton Gaming Club Forum

A forum for the members of the Darton Gaming Club to interact and socialize online.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Crazy Talk
Admin
Crazy Talk

Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games. Empty
PostSubject: Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games.   Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 8:39 pm

You all recall how we were looking into buying many copies of TF2 and Counter Strike, right? Well, I looked into this...

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in the SourceU, Valve's Academic Licensing Program.

For a fee of $25 USD per License (which covers a 1-year period), you will obtain the license to play the list of Valve multiplayer games below. You may use the software programs Valve provides subject to the terms of the Academic-Entertainment Licensing Agreement and the Steam Subscriber Agreement. By purchasing these Licenses, you acknowledge and agree to the terms of the Agreements. The Steam Subscriber Agreement may be amended from time to time by Valve, and the most recent version may be found at http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=subscriber_agreement.

Valve Multiplayer Games Included:

Counter-Strike
Counter-Strike: Source
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat: Source
Half-Life Death Match Classic
Half-Life 2 Death Match
Ricochet
Team Fortress Classic
Team Fortress 2
Portal
Half-Life 2: EP2

That's actually $5 less than the original cost per person for both TF2 and CS, but it's a yearly fee. Opinions?
Back to top Go down
Dogysamich
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Dogysamich

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games.   Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 03, 2008 9:29 pm

i havent played anything on steam in forever cause my cpu went garbage tier 2 years ago, but i'll take a stab in the dark and say it's worth the try.

I mean, steam fucked up the valve games bad enough, how much worse can it get.
Back to top Go down
Jx
Bagel Master
Bagel Master
Jx

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games.   Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games. Icon_minitimeWed Nov 05, 2008 7:06 pm

Well, it's a yearly fee and that DOES add up in the long run. Imo, unless we are going to play most of the games on that list it isn't worth a purchase.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games.   Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Opinion on SourceU, an academic option for Steam Games.
Page 1 of 1