Darton Gaming Club Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Darton Gaming Club Forum

A forum for the members of the Darton Gaming Club to interact and socialize online.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gears of War

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Onmitsu
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Onmitsu

Gears of War Empty
PostSubject: Gears of War   Gears of War Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 1:42 pm

CliffyB's stroke of genius creating this amazing 3rd-person shooter game.

Gears of War is a tactical third-person shooter video game developed by Epic Games and published by Microsoft Game Studios. It was initially released as an exclusive title for the Xbox 360 on November 7, 2006 in North America, and on November 17, 2006 in Europe (excluding Germany, where Microsoft Game Studios did not publish the game after it was denied a rating).[3] A Limited Collector's Edition was also released, which included a disc of bonus content and an art book titled Destroyed Beauty that detailed much of the game's back-story. A Microsoft Windows version of the game was created with additional content and released in North America on November 6, 2007,[4][2] with a Mac OS X version also confirmed.[5]

The game centers on the soldiers of Delta Squad as they fight to save the human inhabitants of the fictional planet Sera from a relentless subterranean enemy known as the Locust Horde. The player assumes the role of Marcus Fenix, a former prisoner and war-hardened soldier. The game is based on the use of cover and strategic fire for the player to advance through the scenarios; a second player can play cooperatively through the main campaign to assist. The game also features several online game modes for up to eight players.

Gears of War has been highly successful since its release; it sold over three million copies in just ten weeks and was the fastest-selling video game of 2006,[6] and was the second-most played game over Xbox Live during 2007.[7] A film adaptation is currently in development.[8] The first sequel, Gears of War 2, was announced on February 20, 2008 and is currently slated to be released November 7, 2008.[9]
Back to top Go down
KampfVerein
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
KampfVerein

Gears of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War   Gears of War Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 3:43 pm

Austin, you are a master of copy-pasting Wikipedia.

Anyone getting Gears 2? Neal and I will be, I know that for sure.

I think deathmatches are in order.
Back to top Go down
Onmitsu
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Onmitsu

Gears of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War   Gears of War Icon_minitimeThu Oct 30, 2008 4:31 pm

Hey, Awesome Trey did the same thing for the games he's posted. I must say the Gears 2 will live up to the hype because i have played it.
Back to top Go down
Onmitsu
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Onmitsu

Gears of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War   Gears of War Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:04 pm

Neil, Jason, and I are wanting to get a Gears team together and we're looking for a fourth who's good. Any takers?
Back to top Go down
TrueIce
Trash Talker
Trash Talker
TrueIce

Gears of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War   Gears of War Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:10 pm

I will play... If you guys want
Back to top Go down
Onmitsu
Edge Hogger
Edge Hogger
Onmitsu

Gears of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War   Gears of War Icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2008 5:51 pm

Sure. It's pretty easy to get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
TrueIce
Trash Talker
Trash Talker
TrueIce

Gears of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War   Gears of War Icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2008 1:25 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Gears of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gears of War   Gears of War Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gears of War
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Darton Gaming Club Forum :: Games :: First Person Shooters :: General Shooter Discussion-
Jump to: